Materialized View - Performance

From: raja <dextersunil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 01:25:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am using Oracle 10g.

Please answer my doubts regarding Materialized Views ( MV ) :

  1. if we give the option 'enable query rewrite' option, while creating MV, will the optimizer do automatic query rewriting and optimize the MV ?
  2. Can i use WITH Clause in a MV ?
  3. I am looking for performance tuning of MV, any tips on that, Please suggest. Please Note : The problem here is that, I don’t have privileges to access Oracle packages, So any manual ways/tips to tune the MVs. Please suggest. Also, any docs/URL related to performance tuning of MV.

Thanks in Advance.

With Regards,
Raja. Received on Thu Nov 06 2008 - 03:25:52 CST

Original text of this message