Re: document tables and columns used in arbitrary sql-statements

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:27:55 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 5, 2:22 am, steph <stepha..._at_yahoo.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> a collegue of mine came up with an interesting question: he wants to
> document all tables/columns used in sql-statements. doing this
> manuallly is cumbersome as this statements tend to be very large. i
> wonder if it is possible querying oracle's system tables to get this
> information. i just had a quick look at the V$SQL% tables but there
> was nothing obvious. any ideas?
>
> regards,
> stephan

As with any other usage probing, beware of things that happen outside of your tracking period. Things that happen once a year or less can be particularly gluteal-biting.

I'm happy to be able to search source code.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Those darn terrorist geeks!  http://www.lnwprogram.org/blog/one-entry?entry%5fid=455574