changing nls parameters on database level

From: steph <stephan0h_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 05:16:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've got a question regardins nls-settings on a 10g database.

These are the settings for NLS_TERRITORY on instance, database and session level:

select * from nls_session_parameters where parameter='NLS_TERRITORY'

PARAMETER	VALUE
NLS_TERRITORY	GERMANY

select * from nls_instance_parameters where parameter='NLS_TERRITORY'

PARAMETER	VALUE
NLS_TERRITORY	GERMANY

select * from nls_database_parameters where parameter='NLS_TERRITORY'

PARAMETER	VALUE
NLS_TERRITORY	AMERICA

We've got an external table containing some numbers. Numbers like 1.234 are handled correctly, whereas numbers like 1,234 are rejected. It should be the other way round. But for external tables the nlssettings  on database level are applied.

Changing nls-settings on session and instance level is no problem - but how to change settings on database level? (I'm sorry if this might be obvious - but I checked the documentation and searched the web, but I didn't find anything apropriate)

Thanks for any hints,
Stephan Received on Wed Nov 05 2008 - 07:16:01 CST

Original text of this message