Re: Peoplesoft Evaluation - RFP Information

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 18:42:59 -0600

dhoffman0917_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> We were discussing government agency sizes when selecting the
> operating system (UNIX -vs- Windows) to support PeopleSoft
> applications. What factors (other than employee size) determined
> whether the implementation was considered small, medium or large? Were
> other factors considered (# of transactions per day, # of modules
> used, anything else etc.)? In short, we would like to be better
> informed of our needs while currently developing the RFP.
>
> Any tips the group could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Why put windows in the mix at all? If you work with something like SUN or AIX, then you simply deploy it on the appropriately sized server (SUN V240 (2CPU dual-core) vs SUN6900 (24CPU dual-core) for example).

Oracle databases on Windows scares me to death for something like this... Received on Tue Nov 04 2008 - 18:42:59 CST

Original text of this message