Re: Oracle 10g silent installation issue on Vista

From: <>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 07:04:00 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 4, 5:41 am, Pranu <> wrote:
> I have created a response file to make silent installation of Oracle
> 10g client on windows vista PC. The installation did not show me any
> errors. However it did not install all the products.
> When i installed it on XP it installed 44 products. Whereas when i
> installed on Vista it installed only 7 products. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
> Below is the summary of 7 products:
> Summary
> Global Settings
> Source: C:\OracleClientVista\stage\products.xml
> Oracle Home: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1 (OraClient10g_home1)
> Installation Type: Custom
> Product Languages
> English
> Space Requirements
> C:\ Required 215MB (includes 48MB temporary) : Available 4.04GB
> New Installations (7 products)
> Oracle Client
> Oracle Windows Interfaces
> Installation Common Files
> Oracle Universal Installer
> Oracle One-Off Patch Installer
> Installer SDK Component
> Sun JDK

I think you have troubles with Java on Vista or with user priveleges.  When you have java problems you can't find any errors in oracle log. Try to find logs or tmp files from Java in TEMP directory, try to start
 Universal Installer from user which you use for silent installation.

Alexd Received on Tue Nov 04 2008 - 09:04:00 CST

Original text of this message