direct path read (temp) 31 blocks per event

From: HansP <>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 05:05:33 -0800 (PST)

Platform: Linux

During a performance test I noticed the that 'direct path read temp' where done with 31 blocks and sometimes with 1 block per wait. The 'db file scattered read' 's where done with 128 blocks per wait (db_file_multiblock_read_count was not set explicitly)

Does someone know why the strange number of 31 is chosen for the direct path reads (at least for temp).
I think that normal direct path reads were als done with 31 blocks but I am not completely sure about that.

BTW I looked in v$sesion_wait P3 is the block count.

Any suggestions

Regards Hans-Peter Received on Tue Nov 04 2008 - 07:05:33 CST

Original text of this message