fuzzy hot backup

From: kat <katiesoh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:07:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I'm trying to do a restore/recover to a point in time from a hot backup in 10.2. When I opened (reset log) the database, it complained that datafile 1 was fuzzy. What view can I use to check which datafile has a different checkpoint scn or what the issue is?

I ran the following query and it appeared that all data files have the same SCNs. I thought with fuzzy backups, the checkpoint scns of data files are different which in my case, they were all the same.

Can someone help?

select file#,checkpoint_change# from v$datafile;

     FILE# CHECKPOINT_CHANGE#

         1      9030463382231
         2      9030463382231
         3      9030463382231
         4      9030463382231

Thanks. Received on Fri Oct 31 2008 - 11:07:15 CDT

Original text of this message