Oracle DataPump

From: <haganahtrainer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:47:48 -0700 (PDT)

Situation:

The QA department performs oracle exp/imp from one oracle server to another- this is done from a central client where the oracle client software is installed and there is no need to have physical access to the oracle database server.

Is there a way to perform datapump operations in this fashion? It seems that to use datapump you need physical access to the database server which would mean copying export files from one database server to another... not very efficient.

I really think datapump is faster than the old exp/imp utility and I would like to start using this, but I am not sure if this will cause a bottleneck in our current process...

In closing, is there a way to use datapump using a "Central" client to perform the operations from one database instance to another???

Thanks ! Received on Thu Oct 30 2008 - 15:47:48 CDT

Original text of this message