Re: SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:53:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 30, 1:49 pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 10:49 am, ebekt..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > How do I set the SSM to auto for the SYSTEM tablespace (EXTENT
> > MANAGEMENT LOCAL) when creating a new database in 10.2.0.3?
>
> You cannot use ASSM on the system tablespace.  It is not supported on
> version 10g and below.  I do not think this has changed on 11g either
> but have not checked.
>
> Only the extent management can be automatic.  You cannot use uniform
> extents either though the syntax diagram in the SQL manual entry for
> CREATE DATABASE shows the option.  There is a note in the
> Administration manual though stating uniform extents cannot be used.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

I did not read your post well enough. To use local extent managment add the "extent management local autoallocate" clause to your create database statement.

If you are using the DBCA it should be an option you can check.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Oct 30 2008 - 12:53:34 CDT

Original text of this message