Re: oracle

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:07:15 +0100

"joel garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> schreef in bericht news:6d5344da-67a6-4ebf-a69b-e8be9933f672_at_x16g2000prn.googlegroups.com... On Oct 26, 10:39 am, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:
> > I encourage everyone to respond to spammers.
> > If not here in the group by reporting them to abuse_at_gmail,
> > abuse_at_yahoo, etc. and, if you can, to SpamAssassin and similar
> > organizations.
>
> By all means report them, and/or flame them privately (if the 'from' is
> genuine), but I still don't see it as particularly useful to respond in
> the newsgroup to posts from persistent spammers.
>
> I concede that a polite request may be appropriate in the case of first
> time offenders, in case it delivers the desired outcome.
>
> Palooka

It's necessary as a deterrent or example for future spammers. If we do nothing, they all dogpile on. As it is, only a few dogpile on. Vigilance is necessary in an unmoderated group.

Drive around in a city with no traffic enforcement, and afterward you appreciate policemen even when they give you a ticket.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"We would appreciate you taking time to complete the survey. The

Unforunately, there are only policemen over here (i.e. in this group) shouting
at the drivers: "Don't do that!"
No tickets, no guns......

And I wonder whether many of those  "future spammers" will read this
group/thread before they start spamming, nor read the replies they get.
And even IF they apologize, they will be back next time.

Shakepseare