Standby db Real Time Apply (10gR2)

From: sl <susanzlam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:05:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I started Real Time Apply using the "using current logfile disconnect" clause.
It appeared that Real Time Apply was started successfully in the alert.log.

"Managed Standby Recovery starting Real Time Apply
 parallel recovery started with 2 processes"

But when I ran a DML statement,commit and opened the standby db in read only
mode, I did not see the transaction. When I did a switch logfile, the transaction appeared. Apparently, Real Time Apply was not working.

When I stop the recovery, I noticed in the alert log that the recovery is not using Real Time Apply.

"ORA-16037: user requested cancel of managed recovery operation
Managed Standby Recovery not using Real Time Apply"

The only requirement that I'm aware of before using Real Time Apply is to create the Standby Redo logs on
the standby db.

Does anyone know what I've done incorrectly?

Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Oct 28 2008 - 11:05:59 CDT

Original text of this message