Re: Strange sequence of error messages during recovery

From: Raghuram Devarakonda <draghuram_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 24, 8:27 pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:

> Did you also restore the control file? Is the current control file
> available?

Yes. The control file has been restored. In fact, *all* Oracle files are restored (on an alternate node). I was trying to recreate the Oracle database on an alternate node where only oracle software is installed (no databases).

> I think I would use a point in time instead on an SCN if at all
> possible in my recovery command.

I would be curious to know the reason. I am comfortable with SCN because there is no ambiguity about it but with time, you can never be as sure.

Thanks,
Raghu Received on Mon Oct 27 2008 - 08:39:49 CDT

Original text of this message