dbms_stats no_invalidate parameter

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:11:45 -0700 (PDT)

dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats (.., no invalidate=>FALSE, …)

I am on 10.2.0.4 on HP UNIX. I am trying to understand the pupose of no_invalidate parameter. It is my understanding that default value of this parameter used to be FALSE, but in Oracle 10g it is AUTO_INVAIDATE i.e., Oracle will decide when to make dependent cursors invalid.

What is the drawback of setting it to FALSE, i.e., when new statistics is calculated, Oracel will use it for all cursors (dependent or non dependent)… I will like my new staistics to be used ASAP.

Apprecaite your insight.

Thanks a lot. Received on Sat Oct 25 2008 - 13:11:45 CDT

Original text of this message