Re: Data Guard 10g: RAC switchover to single instance

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:03:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 24, 2:30 pm, vick <gmerv..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a 2-node primary RAC and a single physical standby instance.
>
> If I perform a switchover, I would like to know what's the new
> configuration will be:
>
> 1) single primary instance and single standby instance
>
> or
>
> 2) single primary instance and 2-node standby instance
>
> I think it (2) but I'm not sure.
>
> Thanks.

To perform the switchover, you need to shutdown and disable one of the RAC primary's. Then perform the switchover to the physical standby. After the switchover, I have only left one of the former primary RAC instances running.

HTH,
Pete's Received on Fri Oct 24 2008 - 16:03:20 CDT

Original text of this message