Re: Strange sequence of error messages during recovery

From: Raghuram Devarakonda <draghuram_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:23:32 -0700 (PDT)

> What version of Oracle?

11.1.0.6.0

> RAC or non-RAC?

non-RAC. Platform is Windows.

> Which tool is being used to perform recovery?

sqlplus.

> What was done prior to issuing the recovery command?

data files and archive logs are restored from backup. Please note that backup and restore are user managed and not using RMAN.

> Where did you get the SCN number you are using? Are you sure it is
> older than the SCN recorded in all database data files in use?

I get the SCN number from the lone archive log ARC00080_0668630851.001. Yes, it is definitely later than all the data in data files. Even the above error messages seem to suggest that data in ARC00079_0668630851.001 is not needed for recovery. It is then puzzling why oracle should attempt to access the file.

Thanks,
Raghu Received on Fri Oct 24 2008 - 14:23:32 CDT

Original text of this message