Re: ORACLE_BASE and $ORACLE_HOME

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:22:19 +0200

"Laurenz Albe" <invite_at_spam.to.invalid> schreef in bericht news:1224835900.694457_at_proxy.dienste.wien.at...
| obakesan <pellicleundies_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
<snap>

| I cannot see from your quotation that ORACLE_BASE is recommended only
| for Windows.
|
| Oh, do you mean the last line of your quotation?
| That must be a typo or an imprecision.
|
| Correct would be "%ORACLE_HOME%\database" if it should correspond to
| the UNIX line above.
|
| Maybe Oracle wanted to emphasize that ORACLE_HOME should be a subdirectory
| of ORACLE_BASE if you want to stick with their recommendations.

No! Oracle wanted to emphasize that on Windows you use %ORACLE_HOME% in stead of $ORACLE_HOME <snip>

| Yours,
| Laurenz Albe

Shakespeare Received on Fri Oct 24 2008 - 04:22:19 CDT

Original text of this message