Re: ACL with roles.

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: 23 Oct 2008 16:26:12 GMT

gazzag wrote:

> On 23 Oct, 16:22, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> >
> > http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14251/adfns
> > _...
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > -g
>
> Clicked send to early!
>
> Look under the secrtion titled "Privileges Required to Execute a
> Procedure"

Sorry I must be having a thick day. As I said, the user I'm logged in as owns the procedure I'm running, so no privilege issues there. If the ACL stuff is running some system procedure implicitly in the background, which means you have to do
dbms_network_acl_admin.add_privilege for each user, why does it let you add a role as the principal if it will never work?

--
Preston