Re: Combining snapclones with DataGuard

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:38:14 -0700
> To those with the egos: Try to not be so rude, you may be new to the
> Oracle or professional arena ... I have a feeling you'll go further if
> you relax and try to help. But most importantly, feel free to not
> respond if you have nothing constructive to add. Silence definitely
> can be golden!
> $Jen

No one's being mean. No one is leading with their ego. If you think that is the case perhaps you are mistaking a frank discussion of facts with emotion.

Snapclones do not do what Data Guard does. They do something similar but similar is not identical. The missing functionality is critical to having a DR site on which you can rely.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group