Re: system update

From: Palooka <>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:06:32 +0100

helter skelter wrote:
> I've found an oracle bug (NOTE:731599.1) which may affect my system. The
> workaround is to update glibc library. Can I do that without any risk
> (this is production system) ?

No great technical input from me, merely a statement of the bleeding obvious:

You cannot make _any_ change to a production system "without any risk". First you need to decide which is the lesser risk: patching or not patching. Then you need to do a cost/risk/benefit analysis of having a test system - be it permanent or temporary (hired or whatever).

Just simple common sense.

Palooka Received on Tue Oct 21 2008 - 14:06:32 CDT

Original text of this message