Re: Combining snapclones with DataGuard

From: bhonaker <bhonaker_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 21, 11:16 am, jj3run..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 21, 11:13 am, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
>

> > On 21 Oct, 16:07, jj3run..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > It must be exhausting being so rude continuously!
> > > "Apparently you don't know what you are talking about." -Sybrand
>
> > > Feel free to leave or remain silent at any time.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > Regardless of what you might think of Sybrand's interpersonal skills,
> > personally I would be loathe to see him leave the group.  He is quite
> > right that far too many people treat the group as a replacement for
> > doing any of their own research, reading or, sometimes, even
> > thinking!  There does become a point where this becomes extremely
> > tedious and wearing; valuable posts get lost in the signal to noise
> > ratio.
>
> > I have seen Sybrand give some excellent advice overr the years and I
> > would hate for that to change.
>
> > -g
>
> We'll agree to disagree! :)
> I for one like reading posts where someone even asks "How do I
> login?" ... it's so basic, but it's a good reminder of basic skills
> and advanced skills. If anyone doesn't want to respond, they don't
> have to. I'd be happy to, but the negative energy is such a turn-off.
> Jen

I have to agree with you, the negative vibe of this forum is pervasive. You have to understand though...it is beyond the laws of physics for Sybrand to not respond. I too am a long time lurker, and the depth of Sybrand's bitterness and hostility never ceases to amaze me. However, none of us will ever understand the terrible, terrible burden he has to bear answering all these stupid, stupid questions. Personally, I just speak out loud my question and the Oracle documentation opens up exactly to the right place. I have never had trouble finding information in the Oracle docs as they are so few and so concise that its like, well, taking candy from a baby.

I post this knowing I will likely have to look elsewhere for help after he reads this, but that's ok, as he obviously doesn't like helping either end of the spectrum with his advice, newbies OR paid professionals - "So it now appears you are asking to assist you for free, what you get paid for. My-my! Please in the future note this upfront and I won't bother to respond." Who DOES he like helping? In fact, I think the only things he truly likes are spewing vitriol and suffering fools.

"Have you never noticed how Tom Kyte treats those people? There is really not much difference between me and him." I should sue you Sybrand, this comment made me spit up my coffee and nearly ruined my keyboard.

Ok, I feel better now. Returning to lurker mode. Received on Tue Oct 21 2008 - 11:45:02 CDT

Original text of this message