Re: How is the best way to send data from local database into remote database ?

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:59:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 19, 3:12 am, krisl..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi gurus,
>
> I need to send data and receive data from local Oracle database into
> remote oracle database. Both sites connected via 128 kbps frame relay
> connection.  The send and receive is as follow :
>
> - RECEIVE Customers data from remote Database -> this to be done if
> there is new or updated customer
>
> - SEND Billing data from local Database into remote database -> this
> is onece a week, nightly
>
> How is the best way to do this under the above mentioned bandwidth ?
>
> Thank you very much,
> xtanto

How much data is generated to be sent over the network? Look at "bytes sent via SQL*Net to client" in gv$sysstat to determine how much you are sending over an extended period of time. This is at least a start.

What version are you running?

HTH, Steve Received on Mon Oct 20 2008 - 19:59:40 CDT

Original text of this message