Re: Combining snapclones with DataGuard

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:01:37 +0200

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:17:41 -0700 (PDT), macdba321 <macdba321_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>I read quotes from Ari Kaplan explaining how enterprises if possible
>should (if possible and appropriate) combine the use of snapclones
>(for SAN-to-SAN replication) with DataGuard.
>
>I am confused how an organization could use both of these though. If I
>am using snapclones, how can I also use DataGuard? What use would DG
>provide? (Assuming that I am already snapclone'ing the database to the
>secondary site.)
>
>Can anyone shed some light for me?
>
>Thanks.

Shedding light won't be possible.
You assume we know your version and you don't provide the URL to Mr. Kaplan's article, which might not have been read by everyone and/or the less than 10 people here answering questions. If you provide that little information, you might consider not posting your question at all.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA