Re: Combining snapclones with DataGuard

From: <>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:01:37 +0200

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:17:41 -0700 (PDT), macdba321 <> wrote:

>I read quotes from Ari Kaplan explaining how enterprises if possible
>should (if possible and appropriate) combine the use of snapclones
>(for SAN-to-SAN replication) with DataGuard.
>I am confused how an organization could use both of these though. If I
>am using snapclones, how can I also use DataGuard? What use would DG
>provide? (Assuming that I am already snapclone'ing the database to the
>secondary site.)
>Can anyone shed some light for me?

Shedding light won't be possible.
You assume we know your version and you don't provide the URL to Mr. Kaplan's article, which might not have been read by everyone and/or the less than 10 people here answering questions. If you provide that little information, you might consider not posting your question at all.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA