left a database in recover mode, why is it not recognizing archive logs now?

From: GS <GS_at_GS.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:45:35 GMT

I cloned a 10G database last thursday from an user managed online backup, rebuilt the control files, started up nomount and did the recover until cancel after copying over archivelogs from the production database the online backup was taken from. I left the database in this state, then today came in and copied over the rest of the archive logs from production that had been generated since thursday. I noticed that the recovery process was now looking in another folder for them, and it had already been created, so I copied the archived logs into this new directory, the only problem is, I now have to enter each filename and path as it won't recognize the file. For example it suggests "mypath\2008-10-20\01_MF_1_422x_%U_.arc" (x being latest #) and my logfiles are, for example, like this: "01_MF_1_422x_HMMZK88_.arc, with the last 5 letters/numbers before the last underscore changing with each log. I'm not sure why it is not accepting the suggestions now, I scrolled back to thursday in my cmd window and the archive logs were in a similar format but it was taking the suggestions ok.

Not really a big deal, as I only have a couple of dozen more archives to apply to get it to the same as todays production, but I'm curious as to why this is happening, if on thursday the %U in the suggested filename worked fine, and today it is not. Received on Mon Oct 20 2008 - 09:45:35 CDT

Original text of this message