Re: Oracle 10g AWR Report - Analysis/Interpretation

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 17, 2:32 am, HansP <hans-peter.sl..._at_atosorigin.com> wrote:
> On 16 okt, 20:46, raja <dextersu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I am using oracle 10g, i want to know how to interpret the AWR Report.
> > I searched in google, but cant find any documents on it.
> > Could any one please help me on it, any documents/URLs regarding the
> > interpretation of AWR Report would be helpful to me.
>
> > Thanks in Advance.
>
> > With Regards,
> > Raja.
>
> As the first step create an ADDM report.
> It wil give recommendations.
>
> Regards Hans-Peter

The recommendations of the ADDM are often less than stellar.

Some information about the AWR report statistics can be found in the Performance and Tuning manual.

You can also read articles on Statspack since the AWR reports on most of the Statspack information.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Oct 17 2008 - 09:52:05 CDT

Original text of this message