Re: Firewall?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 07:48:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 17, 2:20 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Tim Climber wrote:
> > Hi!
>
> > It is interesting to know, is there companies at the market offers
> > Oracle RDBMS specific firewalls.
>
> > Please drop me a note to climber...._at_gmail.com, if this information is
> > not suitable to this newsgroup.
>
> You might better define "Oracle specific" but yes there are.
> Contact F5 Networks here in Seattle for one.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington

Tim, if you have metalink support try looking at the following articles. At least one of which lists a couple of Oracle aware firewalls (port closed but sqlnet traffic recognized and allowed through)

Oracle and Firewalls: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions #2084440.6

Firewalls, Windows NT and Redirections                    66382.1

Configuring Oracle Shared Server/MTS With Firewalls       1016349.102

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Oct 17 2008 - 09:48:46 CDT

Original text of this message