Update trigger

From: phancey <deja_at_2bytes.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 03:00:50 -0700 (PDT)

I need to write a history record for certain fields that change on a table. I am not sure whether it is better to write a single AFTER UPDATE OF column1,column2,column3 etc trigger that then uses if statements to check each specific field whether it has changed OR to create an AFTER UPDATE OF column1 ON mytable WHEN nvl(new.column1,-1)
<> nvl(old.column1,-1) trigger for each column for example.

Is there a performance hit in having 7 AFTER UPDATE triggers defined, one for each column I am interested in rather than 1 trigger for all 7?

thanks for any help.

Phil Received on Fri Oct 17 2008 - 05:00:50 CDT

Original text of this message