Re: import/export

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 01:28:58 -0700 (PDT)

On 16 okt, 18:46, joe <fischauto..._at_yahoo.de> wrote:
> On 16 Okt., 15:17, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What you need to do is very simple:
>
> > 1 create a database link in the *target* database to the *source*
> > database
> > 2 run *impdp*, using the NETWORK_LINK parameter, specifying the
> > database link you created in step 1
>
> > You don't need to export!!!
>
> Step 1 seems to work, i can do a:
>
> select * from xyz_at_dblinkname
>
> But when i run impdp:
> ./impdp username/password DIRECTORY=dmpdir NETWORK_LINK=dblinkname
>
> i get the following error message, even when the user have all
> privileges
> on both databases:
>
> UDI-00008: operation generated ORACLE error 12546
> ORA-12546: TNS:permission denied
>
> any hint?

Yet again you are short on information.
Apparently you are running Oracle 10g on Solaris 10. As far as I know Oracle doesn't support Solaris 10 containers. Obviously you could have consulted the error messages manual, actually you *should* have done that, but as you are a developer you can't be bothered to do that.
A permission problem on TNS level either has to do with firewall settings, or (assuming you did set ORACLE_SID, you didn't tell us), with insufficient privileges on the Unix shared memory segment which implements the SGA.
The ipcs command would tell you whether the privileges are correct. Only Oracle should have privileges and the Oracle executable should have the setuid bit set.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA