Re: import/export

From: sybrandb <>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 06:17:57 -0700 (PDT)

On 16 okt, 14:44, joe <> wrote:
> Hi,
> i have 2 Oracle 10.2 Servers, both linux.
> Now i want to "copy" a schema from one database to the other.
> Whats the easiest way?
> - expdp / impdp?
> - database link?
> - other way ?
> a good howto for a non database expert would be nice.

What you need to do is very simple:

1 create a database link in the *target* database to the *source* database
2 run *impdp*, using the NETWORK_LINK parameter, specifying the database link you created in step 1

You don't need to export!!!

Actually you don't need to be a database expert. You only need to read the documentation.
I never used it, until last week, and set this up by reading the documentation.
Which basically demonstrates newsgroups are redundant, provided you use the information which is already online for you to use. The basic problem with current DBAs seem to be

- they aren't innovative
- they don't want to use their grey cells
- they don't want to learn anything.
- they want to be SPOON FED, and still receive their salary.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA