Re: How do you check if Enterprise manager is up and running?

From: DEV <sdpant_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:34:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 15, 11:05 am, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 7:17 pm, DEV <sdp..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > As with many of you, we use Enterprise manager to send alerts.  It
> > hasn't happened to me but what if the management service
> > infrastructure goes down?  How do you make sure Enterprise manager is
> > up and running.
> > Thanks,
> > Dev
>
> With a command maybe?
>
> Have you looked at the free oracle documentation?
>
> How about searched the archive here at cdos so you could find the
> answer?

Yes I have searched the docs and read the docs. I couldn't find anything related to what I am looking for. Are you talking about one of these commands.
$ emctl|grep status

       emctl status oms
       emctl status oms -secure [-omsurl <http://<oms-hostname>:<oms-
unsecure-port>/em/*>]
       emctl config| status emkey <options>
       emctl status iasconsole
       emctl status agent
       emctl status agent -secure [-omsurl <http://<oms-hostname>:<oms-
unsecure-port>/em/*>]
       emctl status blackout [<Target_name>[:<Target_Type>]]....
        emctl start | stop | status subagent
emctl status emkey [-sysman_pwd <sysman password>] Received on Wed Oct 15 2008 - 15:34:01 CDT

Original text of this message