Re: Simple Security Questions

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:17:10 +0100

gazzag wrote:
> On 15 Oct, 09:58, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> One wonders why search engines and online documentation exists, if it
>> isn't used anyway.
>>
>> --
>> Sybrand Bakker
>> Senior Oracle DBA- Hide quoted text -
>>

> To be fair to Palooka, Sybrand, he's not known around here for asking
> simple RTM questions. And I think that with the range of experience
> that regular posters to this group have, I think this could be an
> interesting discussion piece.
>
> Steve, thanks for the pointer to the EMGC white paper.

Thank you, gazzag, for your kind remarks. Thank you Steve and Mark, for your observations.

I have read much documentation, but the complete answers were not entirely apparent, at any rate to me. I shall read with interest the white paper which Steve mentions.

Steve's remark about Oracle possibly not supporting locking the SYSTEM account is a little worrisome. Maybe I'll raise a SR - and report back.

Cheers,
Palooka Received on Wed Oct 15 2008 - 15:17:10 CDT

Original text of this message