Re: Simple Security Questions

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 06:38:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 15, 4:58 am, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 okt, 00:04, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
>

> > Can I safely lock the following accounts (10.2.0.4)?
>
> > SYSTEM
> > MGMT_VIEW
> > OUTLN
>
> > None of these ever log in, according to DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL. I have session
> > auditing on.
>
> > Also, should I create a new role, with various system privileges, to
> > replace the "burned in" DBA role, and grant that to myself rather than DBA?
>
> > For information, we are using the database, OEM and RMAN. No RAC, no
> > Oracle Applications, no ASM, no DataGuard.
>
> > Jobs are scheduled with the newer database scheduler, not DBMS_JOB. Is
> > it therefore OK to set JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES to zero?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Palooka
>
> One wonders why search engines and online documentation exists, if it
> isn't used anyway.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA- Hide quoted text -

Palooka,
Yes you can lock the listed user accounts.

From the DBA Administration manual >>
The initialization parameter JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES only applies to DBMS_JOB. When DBMS_SCHEDULER is used, the coordinator will automatically determine how many job slaves to start based on CPU load and the number of outstanding jobs
<<

However, you should check the Reference manual entry for job_queue_processes before you set it off to be sure you do not use any of the other features it supports.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Oct 15 2008 - 08:38:56 CDT

Original text of this message