Re: clearing corrupt redo log

From: <srivenu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 05:28:01 -0700 (PDT)

Just wanted to present a peculiar situation we faced recently. We faced an IO issues and after that one of the log groups was not archived and our standby was struck.
When we tried to manually archive the online log, it errored out saying that the log file is being archived. So we manually copied the online log to the standby site and applied it to the standby.
After that we cleared the unarchived logfile from the primary. This way our backups were still valid.
just wanted to point out a one-off case. regards
srivenu Received on Sat Oct 11 2008 - 07:28:01 CDT

Original text of this message