Re: Looking for "gaps" (from a time perspective) in data

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

Also put those in the search box at asktom.oracle.com for many more examples.

The book mentioned here sounds useful (I haven't checked it out yet, I'm afraid I might have to recode a huge old project :-) ): http://oraclesponge.wordpress.com/2008/06/12/the-overlaps-predicate/

See http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm#subj12

> > If you can't be bother to do it, please consider not posting at all.
> > Crystal balls have been worn out by similar lazy dudes like you.
>
> Heh - I know you've been flamed before for being rude, but I'll not
> rise to the bait.
>
> Thanks for your help, the pointer to the relevant functions was all I
> needed.

Thanks for posting the query you wound up with, too, bound to be a FAQ. jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
So, how do you run a trace on what exadata is doing?