Re: EM db control secured after patch ?

From: joel garry <>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:01:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 10, 7:12 am, wrote:
> I noticed that the Enterprise Manager db control is changed from
> unsecured (http) to secured (https) access during the installation of
> patch But I couldn't find this in the patch notes ?
> Matthias

Nope, they just assume your configuration is set up to handle it. Mine wasn't, I had to make special advanced exceptions in my browser for how to search local addresses, and/or make some mysterious network routing changes, and/or limit myself to the firefox on the server. This was in addition to the self-immolation of the dbconsole by the patching, and various other agent issues with multiple instances, some of which result from incorrect implicit assumptions in the metalink notes about the subject.

This would be a feature, not a bug, according to security mavens.

-- is bogus.
What's in a name?  (No offense meant to anyone, just LOL when I saw