Re: Can we trigger event for abnormal loss of connection to oracle databse?

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:27:41 -0700 (PDT)

Comments embedded.

On Oct 10, 10:27 am, shilpa <shilpa.uttar..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 9, 4:03 am, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> > ddf wrote:
> > > What sort of 'updataions' (which isn't a word)?
>
> > The sort one gets as a result of outsourcing.
>
> > Palooka
>
> Hi All,
>
> I want to trap LOGOFF event. Please tell me how to trap event in
> oracle.

Read the documentation:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_7004.htm#SQLRF01405

> After trapping this event I want to perform some steps.

Dance moves after a session disconnect ... how ... interesting.

> Please tell me a way to execute a stored procedure and perform some
> steps
> when a LOGOFF event occur.

I have, you need to read the documentation:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_7004.htm#SQLRF01405

> Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Stop being lazy and read the docs?

> Thanks
> Shilpa

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Oct 10 2008 - 12:27:41 CDT

Original text of this message