Re: RAC or Large SMP...?

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

> If you have your mind set on x86, I would suggest looking into IBM xSeries.
> They can scale way beyond 24 cores.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah x86_64 is the chosen platform.

I thought 24 cores was the limit for xSeries. How far can you go..?

I heard that the architecture of the high and IBM xSeries is NUMA based (rather than SMP) and I was concerned at whether an Oracle database with a large SGA would be able to scale on a NUMA based box considering the relatively high latencies of non-local memory access.

Do you have any experience with Oracle on high end xSeries..?

Thanls Received on Tue Oct 07 2008 - 20:08:20 CDT

Original text of this message