Re: SGA limit on Solaris x86

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:40:59 +0200

On 07.10.2008 15:55, Mr. Chow Wing Siu wrote:

> sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> Best is reading the docs at the URL already provided.
>> Please note if you specify sga_target you will get a shared memory
>> segment of that size. This is in the same link already posted.
>> --
>> Sybrand Bakker
>> Senior Oracle DBA

> The Oracle doc is hard to read and understand.

Granted, Oracle's documentation can be hard to understand at times - if only for the sheer volume. It is easier for the community to help you if you state which part you do not understand. In the meantime I suggest to start with the Concepts manual.

Cheers

        robert Received on Tue Oct 07 2008 - 12:40:59 CDT

Original text of this message