Re: Oracle 11g Consume 100% of the CPU Cycles

From: Lars Tetzlaff <>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:21:02 +0200

geoff schrieb:
> I have a Windows XP machine that never had Oracle on it before.
> I installed Oracle 11g and everything appeared to be going smoothly except
> towards the end, it could not start the DBConsole.
> After the install was complete, 'oracle.exe' was taking 100% of the CPU
> cycles.
> I searched the web but it appears no one knows what is going on. Some of
> the responses included:
> - Maybe insufficient hardware, not enough memory, etc.
> - If the machine had Oracle before, perhaps it has a lot of jobs to run.
> - The machine rebooted before the install completed.
> . . . on my machine, the MS loopback connector is installed and working, and
> the machine has plenty of resources.
> Appreciate any info.
> --g

Don't know if this is the same problem as with linux, but I found the following advice that helped me on linux:

Shutdown OEM, login as SYSMAN user and restart the provisioning daemon by executing the two packaged procedures

Start OEM again and the problem is gone.

WARNING: You must take this on your own responsibility!

I don't know what tool to execute the packages where used by the original poster, but for me sqlplus worked.

Lars Received on Mon Oct 06 2008 - 13:21:02 CDT

Original text of this message