Re: Report what tables or columns being used and how often.

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:55:16 -0700

Jeremy Smith wrote:
> Thanks for the help. How often is V$SQL_PLAN populated?
> Does anyone know a good way to parse the columns ACCESS_PREDICATES,
> FILTER_PREDICATES & PROJECTION to get just columns? as you can imagine
> they come in all kinds of formats.
> My goal is to create a report of how often a column is being access to
> justify and priorities them moving to our new DB.
> Thanks again

How often a column is accessed may be completely unrelated to its importance. A surrogate primary key may never be accessed. An audit column such as last_update or updated_by may never be accessed. You might want to reconsider your criteria.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group