Re: Starup trigger doesn't work

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:32:11 -0700

astalavista wrote:
> Hi,
> I created a startup on database trigger
> to activate the outline at startup but it doesn't work
> do you know why ? (Oracle on windows)
> Thanks in advance
> CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER valid_outlines_default
> after startup on database
> begin
> execute immediate 'alter system set use_stored_outlines=DEFAULT;';
> end;

After taking all of the good advice you have received already it may still not work.

If that is the case run this statement:
SELECT x.ksppinm NAME, y.ksppstvl VALUE, ksppdesc DESCRIPTION FROM x$ksppi x, x$ksppcv y
WHERE x.inst_id = userenv('Instance')

AND y.inst_id = userenv('Instance')
AND x.indx = y.indx
AND x.ksppinm = '_system_trig_enabled';

Then to enabled in your version then:
ALTER SYSTEM SET "_system_trig_enabled" = TRUE SCOPE=BOTH;

Give serious consideration to patching to as well.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group