Re: New undocumented parameters for Oracle 11.1.0.7

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:20:11 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:

> On Sep 26, 7:43 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> Oracle 11.1.0.7 has some undocumented new parameters. I was unable to
>> find anything on Metalink or Google. The parameters are:
>>
>> cell_offload_compaction
>> cell_offload_parameters
>> cell_offload_plan_display
>> cell_partition_large_extents
>>
>> Is there anybody who knows what these parameters are about? It looks
>> like a brand new mechanism, possibly for handling NUMA or, maybe, MODEL
>> clause and analytic functions? These are wild guesses, I have no clue
>> about the true nature of the parameters.
>
> A wild shot in the dark might make say perhaps related to the new
> exadata product announced wedneday at OOW?

One of the people involved in writing the code was Kevin Closson: http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com

If you really want to ask ... go to the source.

For those who didn't make it to OpenWorld here are a couple of the more important events reported on at the conference that do not relate to the Exadata Storage Server. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoeG6zCXmUY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tmAE9msj1k

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor