Re: New undocumented parameters for Oracle

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:20:11 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:

> On Sep 26, 7:43 am, Mladen Gogala <> wrote:

>> Oracle has some undocumented new parameters. I was unable to
>> find anything on Metalink or Google. The parameters are:
>> cell_offload_compaction
>> cell_offload_parameters
>> cell_offload_plan_display
>> cell_partition_large_extents
>> Is there anybody who knows what these parameters are about? It looks
>> like a brand new mechanism, possibly for handling NUMA or, maybe, MODEL
>> clause and analytic functions? These are wild guesses, I have no clue
>> about the true nature of the parameters.
> A wild shot in the dark might make say perhaps related to the new
> exadata product announced wedneday at OOW?

One of the people involved in writing the code was Kevin Closson:

If you really want to ask ... go to the source.

For those who didn't make it to OpenWorld here are a couple of the more important events reported on at the conference that do not relate to the Exadata Storage Server.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group