Re: V$session_wait.seconds_in_wait

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2008 14:09:58 +0200

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:42:02 -0700, Mark D Powell wrote:

> The Oracle version# Reference Manual includes coverage of this v$ view
> and the meaning of its columns. The time units in the view vary by
> Oracle release and are the values are only approximate wait times.

Seconds in wait column is deprecated in the latest version of Oracle. Let me quote the reference manual for 11g:

SECONDS_IN_WAIT NUMBER If the session is currently waiting, then the value is the amount of time waited for the current wait. If the session is not in a wait, then the value is the amount of time since the start of the last wait.

This column has been deprecated in favor of the columns WAIT_TIME_MICRO and TIME_SINCE_LAST_WAIT_MICRO.

Now, if we assume that all of us have converted all of our databases to 11g, there should be no problem.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://mgogala.freehostia.com