Re: migrating to HPUX 11I V3 OF ORACLE10G

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:21:34 +0100

jitu wrote:
> On Sep 23, 12:33 am, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:

>> jitu wrote:
>>> Our company is planning to do migration from oracle 10g on TRU64
>>> UNIX to HPUX 11i v3 oracle 10g on HPUX 11i v3 . I want to know that
>>> which type of migration better i.e by doing import/export or by using
>>> Transportable Tablespaces.Please guide me................
>> Why do you keep asking the same question? How much downtime do you have?
>> How big is/are your database(s)? Why don't you hire someone competent?
>> Why don't you plan a few alternatives and test them on a subset of the
>> data in a non-production environment?
>>
>> Palooka

> listen buddy if you are not interested then donot reply............I
> am asking just to get more information.....
> donnot worry our company already hire the person..............but I
> have to prepare a report on alternate migration ....

Those were serious questions. Given that your company has already hired someone competent, shouldn't he/she be the one offering the alternatives and recommending a solution? We can't, because there are a few fundamental questions to which you have not provided answers.

Palooka Received on Tue Sep 23 2008 - 16:21:34 CDT

Original text of this message