Re: user jobs in Database Control 10g

From: sybrandb <>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 04:07:24 -0700 (PDT)

On 23 sep, 08:59, "timo" <> wrote:
> Hi,
> In our Db there are some schema users with jobs submitted.
> Problem is that I cannot find those jobs in Database Control (10g)...
> (In TOAD etc there's no problems)
> BR,
> Timo

You can not find them using Database Control because Oracle introduced a new mechanism to schedule jobs, called dbms_scheduler. Database Control exclusively oversees dbms_scheduler jobs, the jobs submitted through dbms_jobs are ignored. There is way more functionality in the scheduler (the scheduler also deals with O/S jobs, so it replaces cron and/or the Scheduled Tasks applet in Windows Control Panel), so you could consider upgrading. You would need to monitor the 'old-style' jobs in Database Control by submitting SQL.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA