Re: what is the fastest way to restore a db

From: <>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 04:58:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 18, 6:33 pm, "" <> wrote:
> Comments embedded.
> On Sep 18, 10:00 am, Marco <> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > what is the fastest way to restore an oracle db?
> Presuming you've used RMAN to backup that database it's a simple pair
> of commands:
> restore database;
> recover database;
> > I'm using impdp but
> > it's really slow compared to other databases tools (for example db2
> > restore command)
> You're not restoring/recovering a database, you're copying a
> tablespace/schema.  That is a different situation.  And how do you
> define 'really slow'?  How long does it take DB2 to perform the same
> task?  Some timing information would be very helpful here.
> > the command I'm using is something like:
> > impdp fx2/password_at_teng REMAP_TABLESPACE='FXTS':'FX2TS' directory=dump
> > PARALLEL=2 dumpfile=fx_dump.dmp REMAP_SCHEMA=fx:fx2 NOLOGFILE=Y
> That's not the command you're using?  It's 'something like' that?  How
> different is it?  What information are we missing?  What did you
> change that you failed to mention?  We can't answer the question if we
> don't know the exact command you've entered.
> > Regards,
> > Marco Strullato
> David Fitzjarrell

Am I missing something or this asssssssssssssssshole is still thinks
he has the smarts to answer anything?!
Please do the rest of us a favor UGLY PUTZ and join a fucking Chemistry group where YOU BELONG?!
If you choose to keep shiting around here, my next message will be exposing your fucked up ASS to
I suggest you hide THAT because it is damn UGLY.

What McCain and Palin have in common?! They both brag about killing poor animals! Received on Sat Sep 20 2008 - 06:58:49 CDT

Original text of this message