Re: Problem with offline restore of database

From: <nkamkar28_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 02:21:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I am using Oracle 10gR2. The problem is Im a developer and know very little (next to nothing) about Oracle as I am predominantly a Microsoft man. I have done a direct copy of all the ORA_HOME folders to the new server, but I can't see the schemas when I look at the ORacle database. I would imagine that somehow I have to mount the old database or tell Oracle that they exist, but I just don't know how. I would imagine someone who knows about Oracle could do this in no time. I can also provide remote access connection to the server, but I am desperate and dont have any time left and like I said, whether you give me direct instructions on how to do it or connect remotely and do it for me, as long as it works, I will pay you.

Regards

Nima Received on Sat Sep 20 2008 - 04:21:12 CDT

Original text of this message