San-Based replication VS DataGuard replication

From: macdba321 <macdba321_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:42:41 -0700 (PDT)

Group,
 I have a database at Site1 stored on a SAN, and a disaster-recovery site2 with identical hardware. They are connected by high-speed fiber. (Both SANs are enterprise-class with full journaling capabilities in case the connection were ever severed.)

  I am researching Pros & Cons of using DataGuard to keep Site2 ready for disaster time, VS letting the SAN manage keeping the two sites in sync.

  What are your opinions on these 2 methods?

Thank you!!
-mac Received on Fri Sep 19 2008 - 12:42:41 CDT

Original text of this message