Re: Problems that can ocuur while upgrading from 9i 1o 10g

From: <srivenu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:07:05 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to mention just one pitfall i fell into while doing the upgrade using the manual method.
I had to create a SYSAUX tablespace in 9i before starting the database with 10g binaries.
By mistake i created the SYSAUX tablespace without segment space management AUTO and started the database with 10g. I then could not drop the SYSAUX tablespace with 10g or go back to 9i and had to start from the beginning

Just posting so that someone doesnt do the same mistake i did. regards
srivenu Received on Thu Sep 18 2008 - 13:07:05 CDT

Original text of this message