Re: SQLPLUS driver

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:43:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 17, 1:43 pm, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
> sriv..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> > sqlplus uses OCI.
> >http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14250/oci01i...
> > on unix the sqlplus.exe is linked to the libclntsh.so (OCI library)
> > shared library (you can use ldd sqlplus.exe to verify it).
> > on windows it is linked to oci.dll as sybrand mentioned
> > regards
> > srivenu
>
> All this talk about what is is linked to what, and whether the link is
> dynamic or static is irrelevant; that's just a platform implementation
> issue.

Yeah, but it does show that the OCI is linked in there. I thank srivenu for reminding me of using ldd to look, I had forgotten.

> The fact is that SQL*Plus uses the Oracle Call Interface. Sybrand is
> 100% correct.
>
> And by the way, executables on *nix don't generally have a .exe suffix.
> That's a Windoze thing.

Given the otherwise decent quality of his post, I thought that was just a typo/brain fart.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/09/group-posts-e-m.html