Re: ??? server or client ???

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:22:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 17, 11:46 am, "Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote:
> "Goha" <selham..._at_gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news: 353038bf-d4f8-4f2b-af73-464ec69b5..._at_59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
> | how do I determine whether if Oracle 9.2 server or as client is
> | installed on a server. MS SQL is installed on the server as well
>
> On Windows?
> Check registry HKLM\Software\Oracle
>
> Or try to execute %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Oracle\oui\install\setup.exe
>
> Regards
> Michel

Being that this is Windows I think the first thing I would check is START, Programs, and then read the list for Oracle and see what I find. If there is an Oracle installation there is likely be an installer and by invoking it you can query what it sees as installed. Different Oracle products such as Discoverer, the Oracle 9 client, Express will create separate entries in the program list.

Then I would use Windows Exploerer to look at the Oracle directory structures installed.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Sep 17 2008 - 14:22:18 CDT

Original text of this message